March 24, 2015

Gender Reveal + 24 Week Bumpdate





How Far Along: 24 weeks


Total Weight Gain: 5-6 pounds

Gender: it's a girl!!! 



Maternity Clothes: Oh yeesssss! I have transitioned into comfy, stretchy clothes waaaaay sooner than my first pregnancy. I have been wearing maternity jeans ever since my bump could actually hold them. It's the best thing in the world! 

Sleep: I haven't had any trouble with sleeping, besides me being sick with sinusitis and not being able to breathe. Although my back does bother me at night sometimes, I'm using a tiny little neck pillow for belly support because my body pillow is massive and I don't want to bring it to bed yet.

Miss Anything: Ummm a glass of wine, fitting into normal clothes and no backaches

Cravings: Nothing really comes to mind lately except I would use any excuse to get myself scallops and smoked salmon. Both expensive and both aren't regular in our house, but when mama wants some delicious food she must have it. I'm not much for sweet cravings, and neither do I eat the same thing over and over again. It's whatever the mood strikes that day, my poor hubby. 

Symptoms: I'm carrying much lower this time, by how my clothes fit and not sure if that's a second baby or post C-section thing.

Belly Button/Body Changes:  Belly button still in and hoping it stays that way. I apply the Almond Oil all over my stomach and hips after shower in hopes to never see dark stretch marks this time. 

Mood: This week super blah! Sick and uncomfortable my hubby probably wants to steer clear lol I hate the instant mood swings that take me from happy to tears in a matter of minutes. Seriously hormones, chill!

Best Moment This Week: We had ultrasound to confirm the gender and it was a total shock for me as I was fully expecting a boy. Also seeing Jonathan become a big boy makes my heart melt at the thought of him having a sibling.

Looking Forward to: our family vacation in May. Can't wait to get some sun, explore and enjoy family time. 

Exercise: Non existent at this stage, due to me being sick with cold and than sinus infection for the last three(!) weeks. My immune system has suffered a definite hit and I can feel it. I can't wait until it warms up here so we can go for walks and explore outside. 

On My Mind:  Okay the real talk! I'm worried about the VBAC since so many people are divided on the issue. My midwife says I will be just fine but my pain tolerance level is well under normal. I'm mentally preparing myself and talking to people who have gone through it all. I'm worried about going through labor and than ending up needing C-section for one reason or another. 
Also, I'm a little concerned about the changes that are going to take place once the baby arrives. I know that it's going to be attention battle with Jonathan. He gets his mama to himself all the time and I can see that he's going to struggle with lack of one on one time. I've been telling him about the baby and he kisses my belly and gives it hugs. Then comes back without his shirt and says 'look mom, there is baby' pointing to his belly. Haha.



So any tips, advice or suggestions you mamas have is always appreciated! Anyhow sorry for the novel but finally had a sec to put a full bump date together for you!

Link Up: Turning Head

23 comments :

  1. I had a feeling it was a girl because of the pink shirt, lol. CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I'm so excited for you! That is awesome:-)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear, we are excited too!

      Delete
  3. Very good to "meet" you. I look forward to getting to know you and congratulations on your pregnancy. Love the pink color on you!

    Thanks for being a part of Turning Heads Tuesday! jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica! Thank you dear and we are going to be seeing lots more pink here haha

      Delete
  4. You look so adorable in that bright pink top! Congrats on the pregnancy - such a blessing!
    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tatiana thank you! We are so happy

      Delete
  5. Such a cute post! Congrats on your baby girl <3 Also, love that your put in your info. Good to know for when I start having little ones

    Liz

    http://lizzieinlace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to share it Lizzie! If it helps someone, it's all worth it

      Delete
  6. Anonymous25.3.15

    Such a fly blouse you got here. In love!
    Valentina
    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. CONGRATS! You look amazing in pink as well!

    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought pink to be my color but thanks :)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations!! A baby girl is so exciting!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my it's definite surprise for us! Thanks Kat

      Delete
  9. Yaay!! Congratulations!! You will have an adorable little girl...we find out in two weeks and I am not even sure where to place a bet. Hoping for the best for you in the remaining few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay for you! It's so exciting to find out who the baby is! Thank you dear

      Delete
  10. Yay a girl! You look amazing! I had a c-section for my son and well when we get pregnant again, my option is the c-section. I went through 30 hours of labour before they decided to give me an emergency c-section. I was delusional and extremely exhausted. I wasn't able to enjoy the moment of holding my son, while I did hold him, I don't remember it and that just makes me sad. For my 2nd one, I want to remember everything and look good too! I was a complete mess! LOL. Plus my doc said i'm to small to pass naturally but I could still do it if I wanted to.

    I'm probably no help. LOL!

    Crissy
    http://www.somevelvetmorningblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crissy, thank you for sharing dear! I know a lot of people who opt out for C-Section the next time around. That's just something you have to consider and I have thought about it long and hard. I want to at least try, then we shall see!:)

      Delete
  11. Major congrats on having a girl!!
    xo
    Amanda
    Affordable by Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just read this and brought tears to my eyes because I remembered when I birthed Vivian and the whole thing is so vivid to me, no epidural or anything. I also carried kind of low and was all baby. As a mamma to a little girl, I am so happy you are having a baby girl. I really thought it was a boy. I wish my next one is a boy though I wouldn't mind a second girl. They are freaking adorable and so sweet and it is so lovely getting to dress them. How many months exactly is Jonathan? I bet it will be hard on him at first, because as I recall he is pretty much the same age as Vivian. But once he is older he will adore his sister and be so protective of her. Anyway I wrote a novel but you don't have to reply back. Huge congrats again gorgeous Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations dear. you are a beautiful mommy(-to-be).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK