February 4, 2015

Winter Style w/ Willfully Elegant

Today we have Sush from Willfully Elegant blog who has a very classic sense of style and approaches every outfit with a sense of ease. Let's see what's her go-to winter basics! 

Hello everybody. It’s a pleasure to guest post today at the Happy Medley. Anna approached me with an awesome idea, an idea that I hold true to my style, year around. That idea is very basic. Well let me explain. Irrespective of summer, fall, winter or spring, I swear by a set of basic outfit pieces that have always been true and trusted in my wardrobe. Given that its reigning winter in most of the US, I will of course be talking about my winter basics. And the one thing I use repeatedly throughout the winter months are my turtle neck layering tees. I have invested in multiple different colors so as to be able to wear them with just about any outfit. The turtle necks I wear are snug on me so as to not add any extra bulk when layering. The other piece I rely on during the brutal winter months are my fleece lined tights. Everyone who lives in a colder place must own one. It is comfortable enough for me to want to live in it and non-itchy for a whole days’ worth of wear to work.


In this outfit, I chose to wear a spring dress with both of my go to winter basics. Keeping it simple with a bright cross body, I completed this look with leg warmers and a pair of riding boots. Here is a simple how to, to avoid any layering pieces to scrunch up throughout the day. Even it out and tuck it into your tights. This way, not only is the bulk due to layering is hidden, so is any chance of the layering top making its way up.


I also use them as transitional outfits during fall. They are perfect for the extra warmth during those chilly nights. I choose to wear them tucked in or leave it out depending on the outfit style I am going for. As you can see, the outfit below is heavily menswear inspired and the one below it is pretty feminine with the translucent top over the grey turtle neck. 



Thank you Anna for letting me into your creative space and for letting me share my go to winter basic pieces. 

Thank you for stopping by! 





6 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your creative corner with me Anna!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure Sush to have you over!

      Delete
  2. It's so wonderful you bring these amazing fashionable people to share their style on the blog. Great feature.
    Great Blog. Would you like to follow each other via Blogger, G+ & Bloglovin?
    iCynosure Fashion Blog
    iCynosure on G+
    iCynosure on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I will make sure to check out your blog

      Delete
  3. Turtlenecks truly are a great basic piece. Love these outfits!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been wearing them lately but they are definitely making a come back

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK