September 10, 2014

Bathroom Inspiration {House Make Over}








As some of you know, we bought a house about a year ago and thank God it was in good enough condition to move in right away. We did a few paint jobs in bedrooms and closets but nothing major. Now, more than year later, I'm so sick and tired of my ugly bathroom that I can't even go in there without loathing everything about it. I hate the color of the walls (ugly sand brown) and the blue built in plastic tub (yup, it's blue!). It's time to change things up but my budget is very limited as we need to change heating in half the house. Husband says it's more important than bathroom looking pretty (blah blah blah). So, I'm taking on myself the monumental task of remodeling our bathroom with lots and lots of DIY projects. It's going to take time, patience and new-skill learning.
My bathroom is tiny (I mean, it's really small) so I want to use the visual tricks of designers with lighter paint, and low contrast. Grey, white and more grey is what I'm gravitated towards with some of these as inspiration. Thank God for Pinterest because I don't know how people did anything back in the day without this handy tool.
Have any of you done anything like this before? Re-doing a room on the cheap? Please share some of your ideas, tips and tricks. Thanks for stopping by! 

3 comments :

  1. Oh good luck with it all - we've moved into a house a year ago and are also doing it up slowly. We are planning on a few budget-saving tricks in our bathroom overhaul - there's nothing wrong with the white bath, toilet and basin, so they're staying. The walls are tiled all over in a very dark green tile, which I don't particularly like, but it would be expensive and messy to redo. Therefore all we're going to do is replace the shower cubicle, replace the flooring and light fitting, change the toilet seat and paint the wooden panel at the side of the bath! Hopefully it will change the whole look. If you share a pic of your bathroom I can give you some specific ideas, but you'll have some idea yourself of what bits will be the most expensive. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing! P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, a blue tub? Isn't it interesting when you move in somewhere you always wonder what the builders or previous owners were thinking?
    Home ownership is not for the faint of heart, especially when we are on budgets! Pinterest is great inspiration of course, love all the gray schemes you shared! We recently stained the cabinets in our bathroom so that was an inexpensive project and it looks much better!
    Can't wait to see your before and after pictures!

    Amber
    Fashion, Floss and Lip Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never withstand having to go to a bathroom that I don't like the look of. It's a good idea that you've finally decided to renovate and redecorate yours, Anna. The inspirations you posted all look too wonderful. It must be hard trying to settle in one that fits your home perfectly. Anyway, good luck and make sure to have fun while doing the renovations. :)

    Arthur Bryant @ Contractor Express

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK