December 17, 2013

A Day Off




pants, sweatshirt: Loft, vest, shirt: Land's End, booties: Old Navy
Being a round-the-clock mom is tough. It's like having three jobs: in the daytime - tending to the baby, in the after hours - cleaning up and then there are the all-nighters. It really never stops. You never stop listening for his cries, never stop worrying about his well-being, and you never stop being a mom. 
Having to do this day in and day out can really takes a toll on anyone. That's why when I noticed myself getting aggravated and impatient with my son, I asked my hubby for a day off. A day to not worry, not think, not fret or listen. A day all to myself. And being the sweet and kind guy he is, he took care of our boy while I did whatever my heart desired. 
It was nice. 
I missed my baby and held him a little extra that night while he fell asleep in my arms. It's sweet that after a day off you want to come back to your day job and still love it. Because really, it's the most rewarding job in the whole world - raising a human being.  

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely love vests and you have styled this perfectly. I love this color of blue.

    pinkandnavystripes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK