November 11, 2013

Thoughts On Turning Twenty Five + Inspiration Monday


 Whenever you pass a big milestone in life, it makes you stop and think. You are either satisfied and happy with what you see your life becoming or completely disappointed.
Turning twenty five isn't that big of a deal but still, it's a number that shows I'm approaching thirty (it's a dirty word in vocabulary). It is a milestone and a turning point that certainly got me thinking.

Am I doing something with my life to serve God? 
What have I achieved?
Am I in the center of God's will?
What are my goals and dreams? 
Am I headed in the right direction spiritually, emotionally and socially? 
What kind of memory and legacy will I leave behind?
I mean, there is a lot to consider. 

One thing that I'm sure of is I'm blessed. I have more than I deserve and ever would've of dreamed of to have. In the petty little every day problems, I seem to loose the sight of the big picture, of God's enormous blessings in my life. 

Life is good when it's shared with the ones you love. It's even better when you invest your life into others and help make some one's life better. I do not want to live for me and mine, just doing what's necessary for my family. I want to help others beyond my front door, to love people and serve any way I can. 

If I say I have no regrets, I would be lying. There are things I wish I would have done differently, and advice I would've have listened to, but it's not what's important. Important thing is to move on, to grow, to change things that I can and to accept things that I can't.

I want my life to matter. I want it to leave an imprint on someone else's life, to show others what love of God really means. 

Do I fail? Sure... I burn out, I struggle with things, I don't have enough faith and I get discouraged. Doing the right thing isn't easy. Sometimes it feels lonely and sometimes I don't want to do it at all - I want to throw in the towel and quit. 

Life isn't all roses and pretty pictures. Life is hard and behind every face there is story, there is hurt, there is pain and there are those who help us go through it all. I want to be that person. I want to help people, to leave a lasting impression on life, to do something that matters, to leave a legacy that's worth mentioning in a eulogy. 

I want to...
learn to love people like God does.
forgive and truly let go
move passed disappointments
inspire others to do the right thing
be thankful
have mercy with people
serve God with my talents (as little or much as I have)
help people through the storms of life.
be soft spoken
being able to admit that I'm wrong and change 
raise responsible and God-fearing child(ren)

I don't want to... 
quit because it's hard.
get bitter
forget God's blessings and mercy
worry about tomorrow
be judgmental 
live carelessly
be angry
lose sight of what's important 

Life is a gift so we need to start living like you are only given today because nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.
Thank you for reading and God bless!
Join the link-up party below and spread inspirational words and encouragement!




5 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful post Anna and I commend you for aspiring to live such a kind and generous life!
    the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Investing into others is a great way to live a life--I definitely know the feeling of not wanting to waste the life God's given me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Happy birthday! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Anna! 25 is definitely a milestone birthday and you should enjoy it to the fullest! I turned 25 last year (will be 26 in december....YIKES), so everything you said hit home for me! Anyways, wish you all the best girl:))!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK