February 5, 2013

Ready or Not, Here He Comes


dress:Target, cardigan: Loft, shoes: Aldo
I saw his face. It was kind of surreal and weird at the same time. We had (hopefully) last sono and appointment yesterday. The technician was able to get a  snapshot of his face. It's kind of a freaky adorable picture. Almost alien-like but at the same time, so cute, with some major cheeks.
Seeing a real person who has a face was little shocking. Yes, I know I'm 40 weeks pregnant and this was coming for a while now but it's different. Thinking of the baby as something in the distance or seeing him in person (well almost) was amazing. As much as I'm uncomfortable, heavy and just plain tired of being pregnant, I don't know if I'm ready for all of it.
First it's the painful contractions, the fear of medicated birth or need of c-section, the unknown and the embarrassing and the thought that something can go wrong with our baby.
Then the sore nipples, the swollen breasts, the unbearable pain of breastfeeding, the sleepless nights, the colicky tummy, the leaking (all over), the crying that you can't stop, the postpartum depression and whole bunch of other things I still don't know about.
It's frightening.
I am ready for this pregnancy to be over but the amazing and the awful that comes after?
I don't know.
I've read the books, I've listened to all the (wanted and unwanted) advice and I've watched many YouTube videos. Yet it doesn't not prepare you for the life that's ahead.
Until you've gone through it all yourself, until your name is sealed on the 'Done It All Mothers' hall of fame, you just don't know.
Ready or not, he is coming soon.

12 comments :

  1. I'm getting excited for you! Don't worry, once you hold that little guy, nothing else in the world matters. You wil expierience love that you never thought possible! Always trust your gut and never let anyone's advice/ opinion make you feel guilty for your choices. If they want to do things differently, tell them to have their own baby!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement. I sure need it:-)

      Delete
  2. wow honey just wanted to say you look amazing pregnant :)
    love your hair and you made such a good job by choosing this outfit, although we can imagine it's not that easy! much luck honey:)
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes you really don't want to hang out in these clothes. Just make it long enough to church and back ;-)

      Delete
  3. I discovered your blog yesterday and added it to my reading list! You are a gorgeous momma, girl! I am loving that bump! Everything will be fine, I hear that its all worth it once you hold that sweet baby. :)

    Ashle Potter
    www.theultimatesisterhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following:-) hopefully it will be soon.

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love your chic maternity style! Newest follower! xo.
    Megan

    I'd love for you to check out my fashion blog and follow along, too!
    www.forallthingslovelymr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.... I will check it out

      Delete
  5. The truth is, no matter how much you read or watch videos, or ask for advice you will never feel ready until it comes. And then you just... Deal with it as it goes. Motherhood is amazing and you're gonna love it!! When you'll see him you'll think it was ALL worth it!! Worth the back pain and the headaches, and soreness. That little munchkin will make you fall in love over and over and over as he grows! But as for now he needs to come out!! lol
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, you don't know until you get there.

      Delete
  6. you look adorable.... love the colors in this outfit adn of course the best is the belly.
    very chic and appropriate, well done!
    Would love if you could stop by my blog some time :)
    xx,
    ** Style Id Net **
    ** Style Id Net Twitter**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK