January 21, 2013

Ready. Set. Go.

Since I don't know how big he's going to be, I packed a newborn and 0-3m outfit.
What am I missing?

I've asked several people and the opinion is split on whether or not take clothes to the hospital.
What else am I missing?

At this point the nursery is completely finished - it looks so darn cute. My hospital bag and his diaper bag are packed. All that's left is to wait and see. 
Honestly, I think every mother is worried about the birth process and for me, being the control freak that I am,  it's hard to let go. I have absolutely no control over the entire thing as it's very unpredictable. 
But I have decided not to let the worry get to me - I can't fix, help or speed up the process by worrying. So I'm going to try to enjoy these last couple of weeks as a preggo woman. I'm going to soak in the freedom that I still have (trip to B&N anyone?) and the inability to tie my own shoes. 
As much as I can, I ask for advice from experienced mothers, read other people's blogs and opinions on everything from Pitocin to a birthing ball. But until I go through it, I don't know how it is, although it's good to be ready. For everything. 

8 comments :

  1. Looks like you got the most important things covered! It is up to you if you/baby wanna wear the hospital clothes while you are there or your own.. I am glad I had some snacks with me, it was nice in between the hospital meals or at night!! None of you will want to leave the baby to get some :) Good luck, take it as it comes, and I look forward to seeing pictures of the little guy soon :)
    Ingvild Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute!!!! Hilarious...so well prepared. Ok to be honest...you dont need much except blankets and hat for you little one to be! I packed a bunch of stuff and never used a thing. I passed out and slept most of time and with visitors....I had no time to myself.

    HAVE FUN and relax!!!! You wont have much time for either when the baby arrives.

    Are we following each other??? If not, lets do it :)

    http://fashion-a-holic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for advice... I really can't imagine how it's going to be, but i'm sure it's going to be amazing!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous22.1.13

    Packing your bag is such a big milestone! :)
    If you have a Boppy or something similar, I'd bring that.
    Maybe some cash/quarters for the husband if he wants to grab a snack.
    And if you're breastfeeding, bring some nipple cream! My hospital gave me some but you'll want some even if they don't.

    I hate reading lists like these because it makes me want another baby. That snow suit is killing me right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a pillow I sleep on, but it's quiet large. Also, I ordered my nipple cream yesterday just in case. Thank you for the advice :)

      Delete
  4. I think you've pretty much got everything packed that you need. This is so exciting, it's almost here. You are going to do great! You get to meet your baby soon!!! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's going to go well. There is a lot of uncertainty but once he is here it will all be worth it!

      Delete
  5. Aww, you look so crazy prepared!

    And I just read this post right as I was finishing up watching this:
    http://remotecontrol.mtv.com/2013/01/22/snooki-labor-newt-gingrich-elephant/

    Just watch the video, it is so freaking hilarious and will make you feel so much better. The best to you for the remainder of your pregnancy!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK